how to install hp driver
Drivers are important to maintain the smooth pace of your device, as they transform the information from the software to the Operating system. In simple words, drivers allow your operating system to communicate with the software of your device. Whether you are using a printer, desktop or computer, right set of drivers are important. Though downloading drivers is quite a complex task, HP users are fortunate to have a specific driver support web page, which let them update and download drivers for their HP product.
Here below, we are giving the steps to download or update the required drivers for your HP product.
Follow These Steps to Download HP Drivers:
- Open your browser and go to thehttps://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers
- Begin with “let’s identify your product to get started” and select your product type from the options namely: Printers, Laptops, Desktops and other.
- Type the model number or serial of the product to download the best-matched drivers.
- Now, click “Submit”
- You will be prompted to the download page which includes a list of drivers required.
- Again, select the model of your device.
- On the driver download page, you will find the default operating system. In order to change the operating system, you can simply select the version of your operating system from the drop-down menu.
- From the list of drivers and software, select the one you want.
- For different browsers, you need to take different actions.
- On Internet Explorer, after the taking is action on the security warning page, you will be asked to save the file. The saved file can be used whenever you want. If you want instant installation, you can simply choose “Run” option.
- On Mozilla Firefox: To save files on Internet Explorer, click on “Save” and double-click on the file to open and install.
- Complete the installation by following the on-screen prompts.
To Download Drivers for Microsoft Windows:
Important note: this method can only be used to download drivers for HP computing devices with MS Windows as the operating system.
Products with MS windows installed on it have an edge i.e. downloading the set of drivers directly from the Microsoft, free of cost. So, to update or re-install the Windows drivers you can perform the below given steps:
- Open your browser and open https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows.aspx
- Follow the instructions you see to complete the updates for the version of Windows installed.
- For smooth installation, the below-given tips are proved to be effective:
- Make sure you are connected to strong wired or wireless network. Because poor network can affect the speed and quality of download.
- Keep your choice specific at a time.
- The size of the download file is usually large. Also, the number of updates as well as the time of download and keep you from using your computer for any other purpose.
- Leave the device undisturbed till the installation is completed.
Downloading and installing drivers requires few basic technical skills and knowledge of the product you are searching drivers for. But if you are a beginner or stuck while installing the drivers for your HP devices, calling HP support number can cut the hassle you are facing. The experts will fix the issue by taking the remote of your device. In addition, the troubleshooting methods used are completely secure and verified.